You are here
Which Shared Hosting to Choose?
For more convenient search use the page "Hosting Providers".
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared Hosting - a kind of hosting, in which a lot of websites are located on one web server. This is the most economical type of hosting, suitable for small projects. However, each website is located on its own section of the web server, but all together they use the same software.
Advantages of shared hosting
- There is no need to have special skills of working with hosting.
- Hosting management is carried out using a convenient control panel.
- Minimizing costs. Savings in the case of using shared hosting can make a significant amount, as you shift to the hosting provider care for around the clock support of expensive server equipment, software configuration, its regular updating, as well as providing a permanent connection to the Internet.
Disadvantages of shared hosting
- You can not install the software yourself.
- Physical resources (RAM, processor) are distributed among several clients. You do not own all physical resources solely, as, for example, in the case of a virtual dedicated server (VPS).